here's the official word on trails, as of yesterday (per USFS people on Facebook): "there are no closures affecting the CT.  The CDT remains closed from Weminuche Pass to Ellwood Pass."  Advice is for NOBO CDTers to detour to Durango and get back on the Colorado Trail at Molas Pass, then reconnect with CDT in 14.4 miles.  here's a bit more from the USFS personnel on the Facebook CDT page: "I would be surprised if the CDT north of Wolf Creek is reopened this year.  These large backcountry fires are usually put out by Monsoon rains and snow..."  Having said that, the forecast is for rain in LC for the next seven days (!!!) - so perhaps the Monsoon rains will help.
Thanks for the info Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment